Obama's getting really, really mad — or is he?

WASHINGTON – First he was going to make BP pay for the Gulf oil mess. Then he declared himself in charge. Now he's trying to find out "whose ass to kick" and making clear he'd fire BP's chief if only he could.

President Barack Obama is talking ever tougher as the Gulf oil spill crisis drags on, the public's patience wears thin and the peril to his presidency increases. With pressure building on Obama to fix the crisis, the White House said he'll be heading back to the scene, spending next Monday and Tuesday inspecting oil damage in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

Obama's salty comments broadcast on NBC's "Today" show on Tuesday raised questions about his escalating anger and angst — are they real or calculated for political effect?

Link below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he dropped the ball. He is claiming that he was on top of this from Day 1, but I think that we all know that he wasn't. He played around, and partied, and had all sorts of fun, instead of being President. HIS team did not inspect. HIS team gave the approval. HIS team should shoulder some of the "blame" that is being shoveled on BP, who has not once denied that they should be held accountable, and pay for ALL of this. So I don't understand why he is assuming that "showing emotion" means he has to be angry at and make veiled threats at BP...
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Anonymous

• Blah- this is a wonderful example of how, just because he's the president, that he does not have control of everything. Just like us- he has to sit back and wait for the experts to take care of it. He's not an expert all he can do is talk, and we know he's really good at that. ;-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Maybe he is mad that there won't be anymore of that BP money coming his way, oh correction, it wasn't from the company, but from the individuals, because he wouldn't take corporate funds wink wink. I guess he would be sad to see all those individual campaign contributions go out the window. Or, out to sea.
    Anonymous

• Well history you are very very right! I think you worded it great as well.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• no matter what he did the haters would spin it. He will never win
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• OP here. I'm not a hater. This post is a AP article, word for word. None of it is me. All I did was cut and paste.

Interesting how some of you dismiss it without reading it, but still take the time to answer.
    Anonymous

• I never blamed Bush for how things were handled with Katrina. I thought it was beyond his control and it was up to the people in charge in Louisiana and New Orleans/ . Why should Obama be getting so much blame for BP's big mistake? Neither Bush or Obama should be blamed for something they couldn't fix themselves. BP is messing up badly.
    Anonymous

• He is mad but he still needs to watch his mouth too.

I watched the video of him saying the words the OP posted here and I was like uhhhhh......
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Meh..the pundits are just waiting for that "angry black man moment" to use that against him too. The guy cannot win. I hate the MSM because I don't like a bunch of over botoxed orange faced jackofficers to tell me what I should be enraged about. I'm a grown up and I can decide for myself. This is nothing.
    Anonymous