Do you know a scam when you see one?

There is one running around on cafemom.

There is a mom on here luring moms on here. For some reason they are all african american. Im not sure if she does that on purpose or what.

here is the story and advice fromt he BBB about CSI/NARC that car.

http://www.dallas.bbb.org/article/questions-raised-on-narcthatcarcom-19239

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 10:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Any opportunity that presents itself in such a way that recruitment is the main money maker is something to be wary of. With that being said, how could you actually make any money writing down licensed plates?? That just sounds ridiculous.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• its stalking-its against the law. and violates privacy.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Did you report them to Cafemom?
    Anonymous

• no, i wouldnt think they would do anything, i think they are kinda slackers.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• actually there is a legit company that does the license plates. and its not this one.. .. all you pay is for your website if you want to recruit... so its like any regular home business.. its just like me saying melaleuca is a scam but yet my friend makes about 2000 a month from them every month.. it just didnt work for me,..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• there is a legit one, but thats not it, and they dont focuses on data entry they focus on products the data entry is a bonus, but we will see in time how that goes too.

lately they have only been promoting other products like cell phones medical discounts etc...

Mela didnt work for me either, my upline was in it, she made more moeny in 7 months with us than 2 years in Melaleuca.

Its a tough business even for a top recruiter like her.

She actually took he mela team with her to us lol
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I actually saw this company on our local news here in Atlanta. They were having some convention and when Fox 5 asked them to show just ONE paying client, they couldn't produce a single name.

That is a Pyramid Scheme, when they just recruit to recruit with no product or service being rendered. Alot of people get Pyramid and MLM confused(I was one).

So basically Pyramid=NO product or Service and MLM-Serice/Product offered
    Another tip is to always ask for the name of the owner and the physical address NOT a PO Box for the company.
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Thanks Christina, yes they were on the news, exactly! if there is no product,no service and all you get paid for is to recruit its a scam.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yes, I can spot a scam, and personally, I think yo'ure running a scam.
    Anonymous

• sorry anony i dont deal with anything not approved by the BBB or DSA. Im strict with that. 10 years of experience I know better.

thanks for your input though.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2010