Did your child skip Pull Ups???

I am looking for any advice on how to skip pull ups . My son is doing amazing and I am so proud i do believe we can skip them. Anyone have any experience with the plastic liners or anything else that can help. Thanks!!! NO BASHING I HAVE MADE MY DECISION. Thanks Again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• The wording of your question made me laugh, because it sounds like pull-ups are a developmental phase or something! Huggies and Pampers just found a way to make an extra buck, that's all they are.

We used diapers until we didn't use diapers anymore. We have bought a few packages of pull-ups to use overnight once our girls were keeping dry most, but not all the time at night. That way, with a pull-up, they can be reused, whereas it's hard to reuse a dry diaper.

Just put your child in underwear and be prepared to clean up a few messes. It's really not a big deal... Pull-ups totally delay training, because they're exactly the same thing as diapers as far as the child is concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• just buy the undies and some plastic liners to go over them. I am using pull ups, my decision, but if you want to skip them buy plenty of underwear enough for many accidents and then just try and try and try until they finally get it
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My mom bought my daughter panties and plastic panties as well....we're hoping it works...it'll be cheaper than the pull ups! Now convincing her to keep the plastic panties on!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Yes both my kids did I just put a waterproof pad on their beds at night
    Anonymous

• I went from diapers to underwear. No pull-ups and no plastic undies. Didn't even have a ton of regular undies, nor did I have to wash a ton. Training was fairly easy and done in about 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• So these plastic undies go under regular undies or how does that work and can you get them at walmart?
    Anonymous

• They go over the outside and keep the mess contained.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• :) thanks we did have a accident today!! Do you know how much they are and if I can get them at Walmart I have never looked.
    Anonymous

• I wish we could skip pull ups! I'm putting my 11 and 1/2 month old in them cuz he hates his wet diapers and takes them off as soon as he pees. lol As soon as I have the money I'm buying a potty chair!
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 10:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• No pullups, no plastic pants here. Undies during the day, diapers at night, til they were ready for undies at night. Sure they had accidents, that's what the washer is for. With one child the cloth training pants were a God-send. Just go from diapers to undies, no need for plastic that's going to hold the pee on the skin.
    Anonymous