Are there any tips out there to help increase pregnancy chances?

They dont have to be medical in nature.
can address positions.

Keeks

Asked by Keeks at 10:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have read that if a woman has an orgasm that it helps b/c the spasms sort of suck and pull the sperm up inside better.

Also, I have heard that being on prenatal vitamins can help.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:43 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• chiropractic care can inccrease fertility. man should up his zinc znd vit c intake. woman should decrease her dairy intake.
    Anonymous

• The clearblue easy fertility monitor is great! Its a bit expensive, but worth it if you want to get pg fast. You should also try to stay on bottom while TTC so that nothing escapes. Its basically all about timing, if you have that down then it will happen. Good luck and have fun!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• when you get done having sex lay on your back with your legs above you for a few minutes
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. A lot cheaper than a fertility monitor, and more effective. Fertility monitors/OPKs look for LH surges which can happen multiple times throughout your cycle. Fertility Awarness (the method taught in the book) teaches you how to read your body's signs so that you know when you're fertile and when you've ovulated. All you need is a pen/paper (or a charting website), a thermometer, and your body.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I heard if you don't have sex for 2 week the male sperm get stronger and produce 4 times more sperm thats a better chance of getting prego.Good luck I hope this helps.S I
    Anonymous

• FYI- my fertility specialist said laying on your back is fine, but putting your legs in the air doesn't really do anything. The sperm usually get past the cervix quickly. When I was inseminated, I laid still for 15 minutes, and then was allowed to go back to my normal life.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 11:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Anon 11:01, yes the number of sperm increase, but the quality of the sperm decrease.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i think anon :44 is right! i get adjusted weekly, and have had 5 kids in the past 6 1/2 years!
    eat well, sleep well, exercise well, pray well, work well!
    don't take medications! it can't hurt to cut back on dairy and red meat...anything given hormones!
    take a good probiotic and fish oil (carson's is great!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• God determined when you should conceive a child! Good luck! We have always concieved within a month, but that is Gods plan! In our prayers!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2010