Creative Healthy?

Do any of you ladies have some good healthy snack ideas for a two year old? It's hard to get her to eat fresh fruits and veggies, but maybe if someone has a creative way to deliver. . .

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• also, the best way my parents got me to eat things I didn't want to was a little reverse psychology. I was told "No you won't like it, its adult food" which of course meant I HAD to have it lol, can't wait to use that one on dd. That & "Do you want to nap for an hour or for 60 minutes?"
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• have you tried cutting up strawberries and putting a little bit of sugar on them? or getting carrots and letting her dip them in dip? putting peanut butter on bannana slices or green apple slices? apple sauce? yogurt?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Nuts, raisins, yogurt (not the "kid friendly" yogurt that is full of sugar) string cheese, pickles...
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 10:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Oh...sometimes we make homemade apple sauce with just apples and cinnamon....yum...(and kids can help, too)
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• peel the skin off & then peel the fruit into strips that you can then cut shapes into. try hearts, stars, circles, rectangles, etc
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Preparation:
    1.
    Peel bananas; break into chunks. Place in food processor or blender.

2.
    Add orange juice concentrate, water, honey and vanilla; process until smooth.

3.
    Pour banana mixture evenly into cups. Cover top of each cup with small piece of aluminum foil. Insert wooden stick through center of foil into banana mixture.

4.
    Place cups on tray; freeze until firm, about 3 hours. To serve, remove foil and tear off paper cups (or slide out of plastic cups).
    Anonymous

• There is a cookbook out the sneaky chef, Google it and it will show sneaky ways to get kids to eat different stuff. Different sites will pop up and creative can also be sneaky. Think Smoothie. what kid doesn't like a smoothie? Orange juice, milk, bit of honey or vanilla and Viola! How about strawberries, pineapple, apples? When I was growing up mom added a raw egg. Don't do that now but you can get the pastuerized egg substitutes and add a bit in as well. She will never know she is getting the nutrition of an egg. Recipes abound for smoothies.Involve her into helping you with snack, and she makes a special treat with your help and you eat it together. Carrot or zucchini muffins are good. Good Luck mama!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• put the word "candy" in front of anything. I swear to god it works.
    My son loves "Candy carrots" "candy beans".... and candy- which he doesn't get a lot of;) good luck
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2010