How do I pick up and start over?

I am leaving my husband. He has been emotionally abusive. Lies and is facing jail time. I am disgusted by how untruthful and deceiving he has been. The trust is gone. However we live in a great neighborhoood. The kids love their school and the house we have I have put so much time and love into decorating it. I am so sad. However I can't afford this home by myself. It is way too expense to live here. I have planned everything. Bought a cheaper car and found a cheaper home. But I am uprooting my kids and I feel horrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• aw :(
    i've had too similar situations happen to two people in my family, one just a year ago and another one about 5 years or so ago. it was tough, but now they've both moved on and are doing great. theres really nothing else to do or say, except for to make the best out of things, and everything will get easier and better. you've gotta do what you gotta do and staying with someone who lies, is going to jail, and that you cant trust, is not right for your kids so just do what you have to do, and everything will work out for you in the end! im sure that you will meet someone new eventually, who you can trust and love, and then maybe you will start a new life together, and they will love your kids, and you will buy a new home again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Have you tried to work out your probs with your husband? Have you done everything you possibly can think of to save your marriage, and does he know/is he aware that he is verbally/emotionally abusive to you?
    Make sure he knows your feelings.
    Anonymous

• chances are your kids have known for a bit that something wasn't right. They might not understand @ 1st & may complain about the things they are missing out on. Point out that you are allowed to be happy too & $$$ doesn't buy happiness. Explain to them in age appropriate ways that life is all about change & how you deal w/ these changes, nothing stays the same. GL!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I just did it and didn't look back. You will be so busy starting over that it will be fine
    Anonymous

• your kids may have a hard time with it just make sure they are making the best of it too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• You are doing the right thing and I wish you all the best. It takes strength and determination to recognize that you need to leave and you are thinking of your children,too. If your husband lies and is facing jail time, he is clearly not the kind of father your children need. It takes more than just sperm to be a father.
    Good luck :-)
    Anonymous

• it's true you just jump into it and things will work out. children are very resilient to there situations they will adapt. and nothing is set in stone you may be able to go back to your lifestyle before you know it. stay strong. hugs
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2010