I have had 2 kids both were wrapped in their cords at birth one stillborn(5.2.10)... what are the chances of it happening again?

im a bit paranoid right now...
emotional
and looking for any info

mommy misses u Antonio!!! I will always luv u

Keeks

Asked by Keeks at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• not sure but sorry for the loss of your precious one!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• My first two had the cord around their necks. It was worse for my second one because the doctor struggled to get it off and scared us. I just had a baby in November and she had no problems it was a perfect delivery. I'm sorry for you loss.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• I dont think that it is something that you can prevent or anything. I think it just happens, having one baby with the cord around its neck doesnt mean it will happen again. Check with you ob/gyn and see what they say
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• How sad~ I am so sorry!!
    :-(
    Nuchal cords are very common and normal, occurring in about 1/4 of births, I believe.
    There shouldn't necessarily be problems, being a variation of normal.
    You can start to research maternal health, read about nuchal cords.

Nuchal cords rarely cause fetal demise and are not intrinsic reasons for intervention.28,31 Given the minor decrease in pH, fetal monitoring in labor would appear to be prudent, but no data are available to address this issue.  Umbillical Cord Complications

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't believe there is anything you can do to help it. My first baby had an extremely short cord when he was born. My second had no complications with hers. My third passed away because of his cord twisting and causing a VERY tight knot in it (I was 20 weeks) and my fourth pregnancy had no complications with the cord.

With my 3rd pregnancy, Mathew, I remember wishing I had known that there was a problem with his cord before he passed, but even if I did, there's no way they could have fixed it or really done anything. You just have to hold faith.....
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2010