Is it my fault?

I am breastfeeding my daughter along with her eating solids (8 1/2 months). I went to my mom's house and she felt her head and said she had a fever. We got the temp of 102. Later in the day I had a fever of 102 with chills. Now the baby is on motrin and I'm on motrin and an antibiotic. Did I get her sick through the breastmilk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. you are actually helping pass your immunity to her. you guys are sharing germs & in the same environment so you have the same bug. keep breastfeeding, its the best thing you can do for her. stay hydrated & gets lots of sleep, hope you feel better mamma!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• no, but you should continue to breastfeed because of the antibodies your body is creating to fight what you have...it will also help her fight what she has.
    Anonymous

• no it's not your fault. you are both likely to get sick at the same times b/c ya'll are so close all the time. Babie's get sick. It's not anyone's fault, just a fact of life. Feel better soon.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• That baby is wayy to young for motrin. You should stop giving it to her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Your little one did not get sick through your breast milk, more and likely it's the proximity of the closeness to you when you breastfeeding. Your sick your germs are all over your face and hands and body. It's not your fault though it's inevitabl the little one needs to be fed. Don't beat yourself up over it
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Your baby is NOT too young for motrin as long as you are using infant drops, which i am sure you are. They go by weight, not age.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• You are covering up your baby's symptoms by giving it to her. Something might be going on and you'd never know because you gave her poison.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• More like SHE got YOU sick! No, not your fault.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• WTF Sara? Op, no its not your fault! And breastfeeding through an illness is the best thing you can do. Don't listen to Sara. Infant Motrin is completely fine and it is not POISEN like coo-coo said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• You might want to learn how to spell poison before you try and tell someone not to put it in her baby. Your going to miss other symptoms if you give it to her. You're making it so her body can't fight of whatever it's trying to fight and you're making it worse.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2010