*Addicted boyfriend to.....!* ASAP

So I have been with my boyfriend for 2 yrs, He is really "great a sweetheart". But he has a drug addiction and am afraid that he is getting addicted to drinking too. We have 1 four year old girl, that loves to spend time with him but im afriad that he might do something he shouldt or teach her something bad. Help any advice on what to do? Have you had a similiar probleam? How can I help him?- Or should I leave him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't want my kids around someone with a drug addiction or an alcohol problem. Leave him. If he wants to be part of your life he can clean up his act and come back to you. I always put my kids first. With a one year old you don't need to focus your energy on a guy- you need to focus on your child and yourself.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• a drug addiction is a life long struggle, like manic depretssion. you have to decide if you can deal w/ him for the rest of your life. the ups & downs will always be there, he'll relapse. any issues you guys have now will continue if he refuses to get help. he's not gonna get better until he wants to, you can't make him get clean. once he wants to change & sees how useless these substances make him then he'll be there, until then you can expect to take second chair to his addiction. might want to attend an alanon class in your area to learn more about his disease.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Really, do you want to spend your life like that? I would leave. I would tell him to get the f**k out of my house, my life, etc. I have no room for losers, no room for crap in my life. Why should you even want to be with him? Get out.

Anonymous

• What are you thinking!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Leave him. Don't let your daughter grow up thinking his behavior is normal.
    Anonymous

• He would have to quit on his own. I will pray for him, and I would suggest rehab, but he would have to want to go. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2010

• Daphna28
    Thank u for taking ur time to pray.
    And girls thank you all, I will leave but he will keep coming back I know???
    Anonymous

• Leave Him and if He Loves You then He will give it up for you and Your child.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would try to explain to him my worries and concern and give him a choice. Us or the drugs and alcohol. I would also ask him why he feels he needs them. He is blessed with a beautiful child and a woman who loves him. Things will get better if he gave them a chance. No problem on the prayers. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Be a friend, not a lover! He needs someone to be honest! Let him know that you donnot want your child around that, and you are willing to help him with his problems as long as he tries his hrdest! Be a roel modle to your child that drugs are bad, but helping others is the best way to be!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2010