At what age is a boy old enough to choose to wear jockcup on his own?

My 16 year old son has gotten to that age where he thinks he is right all the time, and he doesnt want to wear a cup anymore for highschool baseball because its uncomfortable, he is old enough to make that decision?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think he is old enough to make his own decision about this. But tell him his penis might not work if he gets hurt LOL
    Anonymous

• Yeah I'd say he's only enough to make that decision. What are you gonna do? Force him to wear it? Just make sure he knows that he's taking a risk of getting hurt by not wearing one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• He doesn't. It is mandatory in our school district.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Sorry, but that's a safety issue and for most sports at that age it is MANDATORY!

If it is uncomfortable, it might be the particular cup he's wearing.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• At my sons school there is NO choice. They wear a cup or they do not play, end of discussion.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Check the RULES of the league, MOST REQUIRE protection or they do NOT play. It may be uncomfortable to wear a cup but ask him how he thinks it will feel when he takes a line drive to the nuts. Sorry, but my son has NO choice, he wears one or he doesn't play.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• In football? Should really be up to the coach/. If the coach wants the team to wear it, I think they should.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 6:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2010