Christians (please leave it for Christians I know how Atheist feel already)

Do you think science contradicts religion? This is a concept I heard first on CM, however, to me God is the power behind the science. Science is to exact and everything is too much in its place with science for there not to be a God.

Am I the only Christian that looks at science as proof of Gods existence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I only belive in GOD not science. and in some cases I think science contradicts religion...Love GOD
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nope, I feel the same way. I think God is a scientist, :) people can throw all the science facts they want at me, it won't change my mind about my faith.
    LovelyMother88

Answer by LovelyMother88 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• No, I think science proves God's exsistence. But great lengths are taken to cover up it up. There is also a lot of junk science out there. Theories that have no proof what so ever but are taught as truth.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I believe the same as you do, OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Science proves that god (any god) has very little to do with anything.
    How can science prove god's existence - that doesn't even make sense!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Science proves that god (any god) has very little to do with anything. How can science prove god's existence - that doesn't even make sense!

I think it makes sense.  Because of the totally technical aspects of life.  Nothing is random.  It is very exact.  If the earth were a little closer ot the sun we would burn up.  If your lungs couldn't deliver oxygen to your body you would be dead.  There is too much order in nature for it to have all come about randomly.  Or even by millions of years of adaptation, it's not possible.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I am a Christian. I believe in something called Intelligent Design. It's where you believe the following:

1) Creationism and Evolution, when looked at closely, do not contradict each other. God created the heavens and the earth / big bang - the planet was formed... etc etc. Yes, I know, creationism doesn't mention dinosaurs - it wasn't pertinent to what God was telling us, so really, why mention it... Yes, I know, it took 7 days, but we're also told that a day in presence of God is like 10 thousand yrs (or something like that - I can't remember it exactly).

2) Yes, there is evolution going on around us, things evolve and change all the time - BUT - it is being guided by a higher being - God. That without God "being in the driver seat" so to speak, "steering" things, then it is scientifically impossible for evolution to have come about the way it did.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• cont

There was a book I read once, written by a scientist (sorry, it's been a long time, I can't remember it's name / author) that talked about that. His premise was about how evolution was basically a "mutation" of what is currently in place, and for that mutation to be passed on in quantity, it has to have some sort of benefit to it. Makes sense, right? Well, he went on to point out that the basic eyeball, connected to the brain and processed as an image alone has how many working parts!?!? If even a single part of the process is missing, it doesn't work. For them ALL to have evolved, on their own, at the SAME time, to be of benefit and passed on, is scientifically unlikely.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• cont

Basically, to me, it boils down to this - I don't need science to prove God, however, the evidence certainly does support His existence. And also, when you look at the science of things - how electrons, protons, etc connect to create cells, which, down the line, creates all the things they do - people, animals, plants, rocks, etc - it truly is a miraculous thing, and just shows just how "attention to detail" that God is, and re-affirms just awesome He is, as is His creation.

Know what I mean? :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Here is an article that addresses this. http://oce.catholic.com/index.php?title=Science_and_the_Church

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2010