it sucks being a single mom! any advice?

wish i could meet mr. right right now
thank god i have no issues with the kids....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I LOVED being a single mom. I did it from the time I was preganant with my youngest and they are now all adults. There are many advantages and I would not do it different if I had it to do over. Who needs a man if you can have a dog!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• keep going, know that you are the most important person in your kids life and treat that important person with the respect she deserves. It will be okay, with or without a man - in fact it is often far easier to parent alone.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i have a general mistrust/dislike for all men since my child's father walked out. i can't even picture putting my heart into dating much less letting another guy around my kid. to me, men are all pigs.
    StrongYoungMom

Answer by StrongYoungMom at 1:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• There are advantages and disadvantages for being single and married. The advantages of being single are you can do things your way, no one to disagree with you, you can spend your time as you choose, you have all the say, you can focus on your kids without the distraction of a spouse needing attention too, you can explore what you like about yourself and life uninterrupted. I would suggest you focus on those things and enjoy being single. Being married requires more compromises. So just enjoy this stage in your life. You may miss it one day.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I dated the whole time I was single after my divorce. Now I'm happily remarried. However, I do wish I hadn't worried so much about finding and dating men and had enjoyed my freedom a little more when I was single. Freedom being reading more books, spending time with my girlfriends, my daughter, painting/drawing, etc. I was too worried about who I was dating and finding Mr. Right. The guys I dated before Mr. Right were a complete waste of time. I just wish I'd enjoyed more of that time for myself and my daughter.
    Anonymous

• I've been both.single mom. and mom with dad there everyday.To be honest, someitmes I miss being single.Who wants to hear from him "Why are you doing it that way, if you did it this way....blah blah blah"but our son seems happy to have dad there everyday.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Stop looking, you'll find him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Why do your kids need you to meet a man?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010