Why in the holy hell do I have bugs?

This is the only house I've had a problem with them. I believe them to be roaches. I've told them they need to spray and they haven't. I've also got spiders. My house is clean. I take out the trash every other day and I vacuum and mop. There's no food laying around and my dishes are done. Every reason I've read online for them to be here doesn't exist. I've only lived her five months. My lease is up next month and I'm moving in part because of this problem. It seems they are in the garage. I only see a couple here and there. My question is why are they here? Is there anymore I need to do in order to keep them away other than cleaning constantly?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Do you live in a very wooded area?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Not really wooded but I've got trees..It's a brick house also.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It can be that someone moved in next door who had roaches before. I know they LOVE and breed near and in cardboard boxes. When DH's aunt came to live with her, she packed a couple roaches in with her boxes... It was a damn near catastrophe. They're extremely hard to kill and a complete pain in the ass.
    I would keep notifying your landlord about the roaches. Even ask if you have them sprayed, can you take it out of the rent costs.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Ooo...I have all my MR boxes still in my garage. I saved them because I knew I was moving again shortly after I unpacked everything. So I should definitely get rid of those?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• unfortunately no amount of cleaning will keep roaches away and I understand your pain... They suck! What you need to do is get a bug spray that has Pyrethrins in it, Raid had that. Spray the outside of your house and the inside. Do the same for your garage. Repeat the process every two weeks for 2 months. You can also use orthoboric acid to get in the hard to reach places, like behind you fridge, stove etc.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• There's no new neighbors that I can see. I think someone across the road moved out of a duplex but I don't think anyone ever moved back in. I assume they were here from the previous tenant.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Pfft. I mean with us... not "with her" sorry. Typo.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I'm worried because I know that they can make people sick. My skin is crawling just thinking about them being here. I've had so many problems with this house and I'm tired of it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My dad sprayed the house last week but I think it was just something bought from Walmart and he just sprayed the outside.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yeah you need the strongest stuff you can find. Raid is good for that. Also, have you tried to bomb the house yet? it's this gas spray you set off in the house. It works pretty good, but the only downside is you have to leave your house for 6-8 hours after you start the last can of bomb spray.

My dad sprayed the house last week but I think it was just something bought from Walmart and he just sprayed the outside

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2010