please help PIOC

My daughter will be 22 months on the 23 of June...she has had about 5 episodes of diarrhea since noon today...her little tooshy is so sore...is there anything that has worked for you to help with the diarrhea. I know she is too young for over the counter stuff...she isn't dehydrated yet, and I stocked up on a bunch of stuff tonight for her, such as pedialyte freezer pops, things like that. any suggestions would be helpful...I feel so bad for her.

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• banana's, rice, apple(sauce) and toast. DRY toast. It'll pass, I promise.

Lots of baths and, weather permitting, naked time outside.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Bananas always did it for my son. In between bouts, we skipped the wipes, and just rinsed his bottom with warm water and sensitive soap - like Dove or Ivory.. then we put on A&D ointment.
    I hope she feels better. :(
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Overcooked rice until its mushy with lemon juice.I also give my daughter aniseed tea to help with the pain and to avoid dehydration.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 8:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• The BRAT listed above was always helpful for the upset tummy. For the sore tush, don't use wipeys, use a wet wash cloth or wet paper towel, without chemicals. Also allow the skin to dry before applying diaper cream and diaper. I also used Flander's Buttocks ointment or Beaudreaux's (sp) Butt Paste! My LO's had very few diaper rashes, these creams are great! Good Luck, I hope your LO feels better soon!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2010