Can anyone tell me about rhinoplasty?

It can be anonymous, but I just want to know how it was after the procedure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• my husband had one actually for a crooked nose and sinus problems...i have assisted in surgery with hundreds...the results are worth it from what I hear...my husband actually didn't have a lot of pain with it. they do break your nose right at the bone between your eyes. they file the cartilage down and cut it also, if it needs it. Usually the incision under your nose is more painful than anything...everyone I've known, including my DH says it was worth it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I broke my nose as a child and it was never taken care of so I developed a bump on it. I had rhinoplasty done, and I can tell you it was SO worth it! Would I do it again? Heck yeah! Did it hurt? No, I looked bruised but it was gone shortly after. I am very happy with the results . GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Thank You. Everyone has told me the pain was excrusiating. I had my nose broken during play as a young child.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 1:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I bought myself a new nose for my 40th birthday. I had zero pain. I was put in a twighlight sleep and woke up 3 hours later with a cast on my nose. Both my eyes were black for about a week. The only thing that hurt was when the stitches were removed because dried blood was in the hair inside my nose. My nose was numb for about a year after.
    I'd do it again too - it wasn't bad at all.
    Don't listen to the stories there realy is no pain at all.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010