How many dogs do you own and what breeds?

I own 2 dogs 25lbs and 15 lbs, and considering adopting another needy one? Is it too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pets

• Zero. But my brother and his wife have 6 big indoor dogs and about 15 cats and they live in a single wide trailer with 4 kids. I'm not sure how they handle it, but I think 3 would be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Can you handle it? Can your family? If you and your family can, then by all means!!
    We have two dogs. A miniature Beagle, and a Boxer/Dalmation mix .. and a Cat.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have a 28lb Beagle/Basset mix and a 95lb Doberman. We also foster dogs here and there, we've had 2 other Doberman fosters, a German Shepherd, and Dachshund, a Boxer, a Pitt Bull mix, and several other mixed breeds. I'm going to get a Giant Schnauzer (she'll weigh about 75lbs) next summer so then I'll have three dogs.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have three, two Great Danes and a Shiba Inu mix.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 2:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have a 3 yorkies (2 purebreds and 1 shelter rescue w/ a boatload of medical issues and possibly mixed w/ something, hard to say) and 1 senior collie who who hope can make it to next Christmas.

We very recently added #5 to our mix.... I pretty much stole her from a previous friend. She is a lovely blue eyed husky who was used as nothing but a breeding machine. Since I walked her to my mini van and drove off one day she had to have a hysterectomy and an infected eye removed. *sigh* I could goto jail I suppose.... but the vet would back me up and hopefully I'd just get probation
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have a 90lb Rottweiler and a 80lb Boxer. They are the best dogs I've ever owned, so great with 4 y/o ds and every other kid that comes in to the home. I say, if you're family can handle the responsibility of another dog, go for it.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have 2 dogs (Black lab and an aussie mix), 2 cats and 1 ferret. I don't want more than 2 dogs but my dogs are much larger than yours. 70lbs a piece. But with 2 small dogs, a third small dog probably wouldn't be much more stress as long as the three got along.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• 1 dalmation 75 lbs, Boston terrior 24 lbs, jack russell 18 lbs... I would be happy with 2 lol vet bills get soo expensive that 2 is enough for me!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• 3 - a german shephard 72lbs, a boxer - 64 lbs, and a miniature daschund - 2 lbs. The mini daschund we got in February, and I'm so glad we added her to the family. I agreed to it because, well, it's not like she's even half a dog being so small!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have two.

A 98 pd 12 month old Black Russian Terrier and a9 year old 80 pd Lab/Shepherd.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010