I hate Graveyards!!!!

The shifts I mean. it's 11:30 here and hubby just left for work and I'm all alone with baby until noon tomorrow.
sigh, anyone else share my pain tonight?

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not anymore but we did our fair share when our kids were small. I hated them, hated sleeping without DH hated the alone feeling , hated the fact that he had to sleep all day and i had to keep toddlers queit. hated never having normal hours in our house.

AT one point when it was just us and a 2 y/o and i was pregnant with our second baby, my son and i ended up on the graveyard schedule with DH, it was weird but it worked for us for a while.

I know it sucks but if his job is flexible and he can eventually move to a different shift there is always that to look forward to. I am just glad we went through when the kids were small and didnt realize dad was gone. Nowadays when he has to work a 16 or 24 hour shift the kids notice and it is hard on them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OH wow! That is a very sucky graveyard shift. My Hubs works graveyard too but his is 11:00 to 7:30. It is sooooo hard to be without him at night. I can't sleep with out him so I'm up till 4 most nights. Then back up at 7:30 when he wakes the baby. I miss him and my sleep. :(
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 1:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yeah I know what you mean my dh works weird hrs. too. (shift work) at least his hrs.get alternated but you get used to it until something better comes around ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My husband used to work swing shift...all crazy hours, some mornings, some nights, 8 hours some days, 12 on others, sometimes 16 hour days in a row. Blah. Glad he's got seniority now, lol.
    Actually, right now my husband lives in another state then us so I'm always on my own with the kids...24/7. When I got married I never figured I'd spend months at a time as a single mom. Sigh. Even when he was living here he was getting up at 4am and not getting home until 8pm with his commute.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My dh works a 12 hour nightshift! I hate them!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2010