Is it my period?

Okay so I had my son who was born Mother Day 4 weeks and two days ago. I stopped bleeding around 2 weeks & wasn't even heavy after the first day of his delivery. It was just alot of gross discharge and what looked like old blood getting out of my system. I've not even bled since two weeks ago! Now I started up again! Its like bright red blood, with clots that look like it used to when I had my period & I don't kinow yet, 'cause I wasn't suppose to have my 6 wk checkup for another two weeks. I'm a little freaked out too 'cause I'm breast feeding and thought you're not suppose to get periods throughout that? I'm new at this and am not sure. Not trying to sound gross but even the blood smells "fresh", unlike all that discharge and old blood that had its own weird/gross smell the first two weeks after I had the baby. I'm so confused as to whats going on.

Jeda624

Asked by Jeda624 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Health

• Did you have an episiotomy? could it be that your stitches came out? *you would definetly notice* Also, after you have a baby for about the first three months your periods are off the wall chaotic. You could have a month straight period, a two day period, a two week period, etc. Either way, if your soaking a pad every 1-2 hours, call the advice nurse at your local hospital or go in to the E.R. could be a bad sign. GL mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2010