when outside, what are the top 5 things your kids do/play? (Recent Summer, obviously!)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• My YDS (8) is usually looking for critters, turtles, snakes, lizards, frogs, or some other creepy crawly. Other than that we are at the pool, lake, or river. It's too hot here for the park in my opinion.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 2:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My son is 5 1/2, daughter just turned 4 last week..... she finally got the big girl bike she's been dreaming of so their #1's are both biking (my son has a Hot Wheels one from a few Summers ago)

Next for daughter is chalk, being pushed on the swing, working on her pumping, and riding her scooter.
    Son ..... slide, chase games, freeze tag, and going for walks/exploring.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We are just 2 days into summer vacation and so far the big things have been 1. building forts/digging giant holes 2. bike riding 3 playing baseball 4 collecting bugs (you wouldnt believe how many lady bugs have gotten loose in my house lol 5 planting a garden.

My kids have been very busy and the entire neighborhood has been in my back yard lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have 2 girls 7 and 2 1/2. They both have the same preferences for playing outside. 1. Playing on the playground at the school or park. 2. Swings at home. 3. Slide at home 4. Playing house in the play structure in our back yard. 5. Playing in the sandbox in our back yard. Today, they moved a big rock and found bugs and worms. They had a lot of fun investigating the bugs and wanted to bring them in and keep them as pets!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My daughter loves going to the park and playing on everything. She is also really enjoying the pool so far this summer, mostly because it's the first year she can swim on her own, she's like a little fish! Other than that she likes riding her tricycle and going on walks, drawing with chalk, and playing in the grass doing "gymnastics" and such.
    savynoe

Answer by savynoe at 2:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• They ride their bikes, play with their friends, color with the chalk, swim and play in the sprinkler.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Swimming at the pool, playing basketball, jumping on the trampoline, playing in the sprinker, riding bikes. They are 8, 10, and 12.

Answer by missanc at 6:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• swim, ride bikes, build sand castles, and run around aimlessly! LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Mine live in our pool. They have the sand box, play set and bikes, sidewalk chalk, bubbles etc. Never a dull moment.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Splash in the little pool, run in the sprinkler, chase/catch bugs! And swing, which is a year round activity! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010