What do you enjoy most about being a mother?

I'd have to say being able to see my son smile, laugh, learn, grow and just thrive is the greatest thing about motherhood. No matter whats going on, if Im upset or in a bad mood, one "I love you, Mommy" can make me forgot all of my troubles, even if just for the moment. <3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• To me, being a mom is the most important, all encompassing thing in the world. There are so many things to love about being a mom. From the moments when my son has me laughing so hard I am crying from his wild antics, to the moments when a tender hug and an "I love you Mommy" are both times that make it special. Those moments when they are sick, and you know that no one else on earth, can make them feel better like Mommy does. Those times when through tears, they still cling to you knowing you will make it right. Those moments before bed, when I sing him his goodnight song, and rub his hair as he drifts off to sleep, and realize that soon my "baby" won't be a "baby" anymore. I don't think there is a single moment of motherhood that is not special.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Every day something brand new....... tonight my son (age 5 1/2) held my hand and cried with me at the end of "where the wild things are" when Max's Momma gazes at him lovingly for the longest time..... I love being a Mother when my kids act like whiny spoiled brats and then a few short hours later are deep, thoughtful, and wonderful people. I feel truly lucky to get to know them.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My DD just turned 1 last month. She is a total kissaholic. She will kiss my nose, cheek, lol she even kissed the top of my foot one time. Adorable <3
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I love to hear the words, "Mom-mom". He has my heart and I'll never get it back. His smile, his laughter, his eyes all tell that there is so much more to this growing boy and I love every minute of it. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It's the most amazing thing in the world. There's a new reason I love being a mom every day. It feels amazing making a difference in someone's life. They depend on us and the only thing we need in return is their being happy. It's the most pure, unconditional, perfect love. It's a blessing. How can you not love it?
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Every morning when I walk into my son's room he ALWAYS has such a huge smile on his face for me! I love it! It's hard to pinpoint one thing though because I just love everything about motherhood!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I just love having that litle someone that need me,but most of all To show love to.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My ability to soothe any situation!

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Night cuddles
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 9:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• All the things op mentioned...Also when out of no where they say " your the best Mom ever.."" or " I love this dinner mommy , thank you.." When they say things like" Mom remember when you did this with me , it was great.."

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2010