What do you miss most

From your pre-child life? Meaning your life before you had your children :) I would have to say I miss the freedom of being lazy, you never get a break when you're a mother. Its definitely a full time job, and one that I love to do more than anything! But I do miss the days of flopping around, no work, just being able to sleep all day, lol. Oh, and definitely miss the sleep, hah. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Money, my body (not that it was that great to start with), being able to go pee without one or two kids coming in to see what I'm doing or to tattle on each other, energy, the ability to just go somewhere like to the movies and not have to get a sitter, etc. But I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I agree with everything you just said, anon, lol. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I miss going out for happy hour drinks with my gf. That was such a long, long time ago. We thought we where so in charge cause guys would order us drinks and then come over to our table and we where like,,,yuck,,,lol,,,too many years ago really,.,
    Anonymous

• The ability to just go somewhere, I mean to decide we are leaving and walk out the door. With kids you have to get everyone dressed make sure everyone looks decent, that you have a diaper bag if you need one then load everyone up and unload everyone. With 3 kids this can take forever (it is getting faster now that they are older) but I do really just miss the whole "hey wanna go to the book store?" and then going, no planning involved.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• when I was younger in the Summer I'd shower 3-4 times a day sometimes. It's such an AWESOME way to cool off when overheated. Now i'm lucky if I get to wash my hair twice a WEEK, much less come and go as I please from the tub.

I also miss naps .... random naps. And the excitement of buying or borrowing a book and reading it all the way though in one sitting. A *real* book, not these damn Clifford things...
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Sleep
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I miss thinking parenting couldn't be all that hard.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• The early days of marriage, having money, running around without a diaper bag/stroller and worrying about getting the baby home for bedtime!
    .carrie.

Answer by .carrie. at 3:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Sleep!! And the money.

Answer by missanc at 6:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Money!! I took a huge pay cut when I started working from home. Traveling was a lot easier too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2010