Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who can I contact to try and find out the identity of a illegal immigrant?

There are a lot of details that I'm leaving out but a family friend is missing and we have reason to believe that he tried to come back into the US illegally. If he would have waited another month he would be been able to come back legally but he didn't want to wait which is why he's in this mess.
Given his last known location it seems likely that he would have been coming back through the Brooks County area in Texas. From searching online I've found out that they have found some illegal immigrants who have died in the desert recently. Does anyone know who we could contact and maybe send a photo to and see if one of the people they have found is the friend we are searching for. He's been missing for over a month now and we really want to find out what happened to him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (4)
  • does he have family in Mexico you can call and ask about him ?
    he could be in the US but sometimes when a coyote helps them cross they have to work locally until they pay him(coyote) off.So maybe he is in that area

    Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

  • We have contacted his parents in Mexico and they didn't even know he was in the country. He also had cousins that drove down to visit family and pick him up but they hadn't heard from him either. We sent him $1,000 to live off of down there until he could come back and he decided no to wait so it's likely that he used that money to pay a coyote.
    Our major concern is that he was sick the last time we spoke to him. From what I caught he had a really nasty verson of the flu. He was too sick to be trying to cross a desert in 100 degree weather when it was hard for him to breathe just standing in one spot. I know that if had gotten too sick and couldn't go on that the coyote would have probably left him behind.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

  • Call your congressmember. The caseworker there will call an INS congressional liaison that will give them the scoop. Hopefully they have a caseworker that handles a lot of INS issues and has good rapport with the liaison. Much luck to you and your friend.

    Answer by Vero0724 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

  • And people poo-poo'd me when I said that illegal immigrants bring health problems with them.

    I am sorry that you are missing your friend. You could try to contact the government office that processed the bodies of those found. If you have a picture, you can fax it to them or scan it and email it to them. Unless you are next of kin, I doubt they would give you any information on them, so I would be prepared to give them the family information in Mexico so if he was found they can contact the family first. Good luck and I hope your friend is found alive and healthy.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.