Does anyone else notices moms with more then 1 child under the age of 5 seem angry.

Just something I have noticed when in stores. They either look like they are sucking on a lemon or they are yelling at one of there kids. The dads aren't any better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah i was probably angry alot with 3 under 4yrs - no actually not angry, just overwhelmed and sure I was getting wrong all the time. I never thought i was a good Mummy.
    Now I wish I'd just relaxed and enjoyed it like I did with my last - who knew how just watching a toddler dance to the wiggles could make you just cry with how perfect they are... sigh......
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Lol, why would they be happy? There screwed for the next 18+ years and they know it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yes i know a mom with 3 kids under five years of age and she was always moody. i dont blame her though. it seems like she was/is going through enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have 2 children under the age of 5, and I am not not angry...
    And anon17, either you're NOT a mom, or you think you're screwed for the next "x" amount of years as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I had 3 under the age 5 and I was never angry. By nature, I'm a very relaxed laid back person and just let things roll off my back. My kids are well behaved, because I expect them to be and stress discipline (not always negative, I reward for positive behavior as well) so there was never any need to be yelling at them (that's NOT a method of discipline I use)

Answer by missanc at 6:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i'm always angry, do i count if i only have one at the moment? i am pregnant though... lol
    TomsMom

Answer by TomsMom at 6:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i used to take 4 to the grocery store. 1 yo twins, a 4 yo boy and a 5 yo boy. there is a difference between staying one step ahead of your kids, and being angry. just because we are not pollyanna grinning and making small talk with whoever passes by does not mean we are angry.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I happen to have four and one on the way, and all three of the youngers are 4 and under! I am not angry! If a parent is always angry then maybe they dont have the disipline handled correctly! I would not have another one if I were not already comfortable! Plus children are a gift from God and I cannot possibly be angry when I have been given the opportunity to accept such a beautiful gift! I think you should rephrase the question, to alot of moms! Not all of us are bitter!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• lol. i'll let you know in July if im angry
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have two. A 4 year old and a 17 month old. I am not angry, just stressed most of the time in a store and in a hurry to get in and get out. Maybe instead of judging you could try and be a tad more compassionate. It is not easy to shop with 2 under 5, I cant imagine trying to do it with more. Also, sometimes Mommy doesnt have the option of waiting till Dad gets home or getting a sitter. We do what we have to. If my LO is acting up in the middle of the store, yes I will correct her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2010