What do you think about "Oprah's Chruch and denying Christ and the Cross?"

If you haven't heard of this or know about it...go to you tube and u will see. Oprah and Tolle.....I am a Christian and they are misleading millions to hell. The Bible warned us of these things happening in the last days and so much has come true or is happening right now...

Scarletto691

Asked by Scarletto691 at 3:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have watched this several times & think it is very open to distortion. What she has said is that because you believe your way is right, you discount every other person who believes their way is right. Someone has to be wrong in it, yet each side will argue passionately as to why they have made the right choice. I know that as a Christian you believe the bible says Jesus is the only way. That's what you have been taught & believe & is the basis of your religious belief. But what of a person who's only been taught Hinduism. They also believe what they have been taught, not with malice or disrespect, they just believe it. It is arrogant to state you are correct & everyone else is wrong. I also find it interesting I have never seen a Hindu in here demanding you turn away from your beliefs & embrace hers, never seen a buddhist in here saying you're condemned for believing in Jesus. It is only the Christians who do that.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I agree with a lot of the things they have said, I believed them before I heard them or anyone else utter the thoughts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Oprah doesn't have a "church" she share books, thoughts and her own opinions, She doesn't have any more "followers" than any other celebrity. If people don't agree with what she, or anyother celebraty has to say, all they have to do is turn off the TV.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well, there are A LOT of Christians who would tell you that you are being mislead with all your paranormals and ghost hunting (Yes, I looked at your profile) and that it is of the devil

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well, All can say is that denying chirst has nothing to do with the signs. I dont think Oprah has a church, i think that is justt an assumption some people are making.

And She would be right, the original christians had no such notions of a cross and sacrafice, that was added by the pagans(they have a right to their beleive) god said so).

If you talked to an OG christian that lived in jesus' day till the day he was raised-they would think you were nuts, they didnt teach such things or have such notions.

A pastor at a church I was visiting said the same thing, "we are mislead,lets all turn back, are you ready to journey with me?"

Its sad some are not going to ever think for themselves and daming their soul. the sheep well yo know them-jump off a cliff and they will go too.

Jesus came for those people, but the message was lost with the struggle of the church to keep the power, msleading was thier way of fighting and winnin
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I applaud her!

She is absolutely right. What is sad is that so many Christians fear understanding of the unknown. I think that Oprah is enlightened, and very brave for sharing her perception. Too many times when someone goes against the "norm" they are persecuted by the very public that falls victim. Its ridiculous to believe that there is only ONE way to a peaceful after life. I just find it sad that out of fear of (the Christian) God, ppl b/c angry and outraged, when in fact all they are doing is repeating what they have been TOLD to recognize as truth. 

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Amen sugahmama! Which is sad cause this is the reason jesus came, for those people the mislead sheep who were taught this(brainwashed) if people did half the research with out bias they would see htemselves and jesus said the truth will set you free., but as soon as he was gone, people fell backwards again.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I believe an omnipotent being like God would provide more then one way to his door and he would provide the people with every way believable and we should never use God to bash others. They were merely stating what they believed and its an awesome site to behold people talking about the way they believe.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• ITA pinkdragon!
    I also believe that Jesus tried to show us that following "orthodoxy" - that being consumed with legality and dogmatism - isn'' the way to God. I believe he tried to show us how counterproductive and pointless that kind of faith is!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I would not worry, Yahweh has a plan, and it will take effect regardless of what people choose to believe. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010