Does your toddler eat all day? Efery time I turn around she is in the fridge asking for something.

jekr433

Asked by jekr433 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine would have. It is a form of entertainment, a pleasurable experience. If the snack is fresh vegetables, then I feel it is fine to let him or her snack all the time. Something that doesn't stick to the teeth or give the child much sugar. Or, for the sake of the teeth, the vegetable snack could be offered every hour- a way to begin teaching how to tell time, too.

Answer by Bmat at 7:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It's funny u wrote this, I was just thinking ," am I letting my 21 month old son have to much cheese? " He wants it allot! He will go to the fridge & stand there saying cheese till you open it & he can get it out of the drawr or I grab it for him. lol But it's about every 2 hrs he wants more, sometimes 3 in a row.' IDK, thoght it was funny & i'd share that with you.' He's had 1 piece already.I'm going to try to push some new yummy things today, wish me luck!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My daughter goes through spurts like that. I will notice that she is eating and eating and think wow she is gaining a little weight and then BOOM she grows and is skinny again. It comes and goes
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My toddler is asking to eat every time I turn around. He doesn't eat much at a time, though, so it doesn't really add up to much, but he goes through phases of doing that and hardly eating anything all day, so it evens out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• LOL- Yes! He wants to eat all day everyday. He is super active though- way too much energy so he burns it off fast....probably the reason he wants to eat all day :) My daughter was the same way when she was that age.
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 9:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• She would if I let her but she isn't allowed to just grab anything. She has to ask and unless it is mealtime or snack time or close to it she gets nothing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My 5 year old is constantly in the fridge and when she gets something she always gets something for her 2 year old sister. But I try to have fruits and veggies cut up in a bowl for them to have a healthly snack. I think it is normal for this age.
    2girlsmomutah

Answer by 2girlsmomutah at 4:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• my child is always eatting too thank goodness she always ask for good things like yougert, fruit, good things sometimes not good but most time good
    Anonymous

• yes. during growth spurts I feel like she is never full & should carry a lunchbox with her at all times lol... She eats small all day.. Dinner usually sits there for a good hour & she will come back & eat more & play.
    but there are also times that i worry she should eat more. from time to time she will barely finish a meal & only have a small snack or 2 in a day..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2010