After 10 years of being a SAHM, I am in need of employment NOW!!!

I have applied everywhere. I need help. I think I have solid resume. I am in my last year of college, but need a job NOW. I currenlty moved back to the states from being gone for 5 years overseas. My husband and I are getting divorce and I have to now support my three children on my own. I am currently bunking up with my father and stepmom in theri home until my place is ready. I spend hours on the computer applying for jobs. I have gone to the lcal umemployment office and yet have been able to find work. I have 5 years of fultime volunteer work. That is about the only thing on my resume. My background is Army brat, Airforce spouse, college students. Both parent work for the government. I am waiting on opening but who know with federal employment when that will be. Need help Fast, loosing hope.

4urmyworld

Asked by 4urmyworld at 8:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• How about applying for jobs at the college you go to or for the state or government you would have to references. Also Wal-Mart and Target are hiring until you find a better job sorry.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• some people do not care for Wal-mart it was a suggestion because it only takes a couple weeks to get hired and you can work there while you look for the job you want.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• GL Momma!
    pinkdragon36

• Thank you, I did apply for walmart last week. I think I just need a little bit more patients. We just got here on the 15th of May. I was suppose to have federal employment, but didn't get out of England fast enough, so the job closed and they had to move on without me getting my application in. I am waiting for federal, but in the mean time I am looking. It been a long three weeks. Thank you for the support.
    4urmyworld

Answer by 4urmyworld at 9:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Getting a federal job maybe a hard one especially no job experience and especially if others have applied having experience already. The waiting game may take up to six months just to getting a reply; competition is tough. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Thats the economy for employees. Just have to ride it out.

Or on the other hand you can step over to freedom of making your own money. We dont depend on jobs, we depend on ourselves.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have a list of good places I have used online to earn money before, it's all free. I'm not going to tell you that you can make the same as a paycheck but it might help you fill in the gaps for now.  Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Me either, cause a lot are making more than 2 years of paycheck in a month. http://www.newcareer4me.info

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Good Luck,I've been trying for awhile to get out of my parttime job into a fulltime job and I have had no luck at all. I've been told by employers that they have over 100 applicants coming daily. Thats our outlook here in Utah. But am still looking,sure hope you find something soon gl.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Good Luck girl, I know it must be frustrating and scary :(.
    With the economy just continuing to go downward it is harder and harder to find jobs now sadly. I agree with above that a lot of us have gone into business for ourselves so we aren't worrying about hours being cut, getting laid off, competing with other applicants and things along those lines.
    With my business we offer savings plans to help people in this economy afford medical/dental as well as protect their families. It's super refreshing to work with a company that helps people rather than trying to sell products that people can't afford right now.
    Let us know if we can help in any way. Keep your head up for your kiddos and just keep pressing forward :-)
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2010