Baby sitting? How much

My cousin needs a favor to watch his 8 year old daughter for the summer.

She'll be here from ~~~6am until 3-4pm. Mon-Fri. ~~~

So I was thinking 10$ a day would be appropriate however I'm unsure of the standard?

I thought 10 could cover extra food and the activities like swimming, zoo, etc.? ? ?

Or is 10$ a day too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All I can say is I wish I was related to you! lol. I think it is very generous of you to charge that amount. Every family needs someone like you who is willing to help out!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think it is too little. I pay $25/day and they eat my food. I guess it depends on their financial situation but at $10/day you would be cutting them a break. Atleast at $15/day you could earn some besides just cover her costs. I think it also depends how good the child is.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• That's good to know... I was hoping I was cutting them a break and not breaking their pockets by charging 10$ a day.

I don't need the money, however I would like to break even with feeding her, and her activities with my son.

So I thought the 10$ a day would fit that well. I was worried that I was overcharging them. :O.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• 10.00 a day is being very generous of you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• shoot, i wish i only had to pay 10 a day... i have to pay 100 a week... for only 2 days. (of course, thats 2 kids... but still!)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Will you watch mine too??!! :)
    We pay $95 a wk for one child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• TOO MUCH? thats too little.
    I mean, for family..that is a great rate. I told my sister in law when she asked me about babysitting once in awhile as a back up sitter for her that I would charge her $10 a day as well..but thats only once in awhile.
    My regular rates for babysitting is $25.00 per day up to 9 hours.
    $30 per day for schoolagers during the summer..because the cost of supplies is more and they eat nonstop,lol.
    In your case, I would charge at least $20 a day,especially if your planning on taking her to the zoo and stuff..actually you should just ask for more money on those days.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2010