• In the Spotlight:

What should I eat while I'm pregnant?

While I was pregnant from my first baby I was living with my mom and she would do all the cooking and provide me with all the good nutrition for me and my growing baby and now I live on my own and I really don't know how to cook any healthy nutritional food for me I do eat my fruits and veggies and calcium but it would help a lot of u can pass on some nutritious recipes or good things I should eat. Thanks... :)

yesenia909

Asked by yesenia909 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Health

• Eat foods that are high in iron. Red meats, dark greens (Spinach for example), etc.
    Eat foods that are high in protien. Nuts and red meats.

The iron will help you from becoming anemic, which is more likely in pregnancy. The protien will help fight off exhaustion.
    Fruits and veggies are a good way to eat healthy.

Eat well balanced meals every meal. A meat, a fruit or viggie, and a grain. For breakfast for example you can have eggs, sausage, a banana, and whole wheat toast. For dinner you can have chicken, broccoli, and whole wheat pasta. You don't have to be strict about your healthy diet, but it is important to get the full servings of foods that you need. Follow the food pyramid.

Stay away from soda. Not only is the caffinated beverages bad for you and baby, but soda in general is bad for you. With the high amounts of sugar and artificial ingredients it is a wrong choice all the way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't know if you are cooking for yourself or a family, but keep it simple. Stay away from white bread and white sugar because they will fill your body but do not provide nutrition. Yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Meat for lunch or dinner with veggies. Stay away from soy sauce because the salt content can make you retain water, bloat and gain weight. Fruit salad with summer fruits is easy and you can make enough for two days at once. Nuts are a good snack because the fat is a good fat. If you have health issues talk to your doctor. Make pasta salad with whole wheat pasta.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• remember to eat healthy and do not over eat. you're not actually eating for two cause the baby only takes a little bit of what you eat so theres no reason to eat more than you did when you weren't pregnant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• oh wow thank you ladies so much for the help :) it has helped a lot and i actually feel a lot healthier and more energetic =)!!!!
    yesenia909

Answer by yesenia909 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2010