Do you think abortions should be illegal for anyone under 18?

I don't think a child can fully understand the repercussions, but I wouldn't want to tell any woman what to do with her body. What do you think?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• nope, if you are old enough to get pregnant, you are old enough to have a say in what happens with your body
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• no. If a child doesnt understand the repercussions then that child shouldnt be having sex to begin with
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't think abortion should be aloud for anyone JMO cause I believe if you can sleep around then you should also pay for the consiquences.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yes,there are alternatives like adoption and I feel whatever happens with a young person's body before 18 is a family matter,not an individual one.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• So, y'all are saying that even if the child is a 13 year old rape or incest victim...she should still be made responsible to care for and birth a child?

I think abortion should be made legal and allowed to anyone. It isn't my body and I will not have to deal with the repercussions of the abortion. Some people should never reproduce and maybe this will help keep them from it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• no i don't. i agree with mommy5409. and if was a product of rap, then i would say adoption. there are so many women who can't become mother's just waiting for a baby to love. JMO.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i think they should have to have parental concent. and in some states theye do.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I am pro-life. But I am not one to put judgment on others or say what other people can or can not do. So on that note, no i don't think it should be made illegal but i do think they should get some kind of counseling before and after. Before the abortion To make sure they aren't having it done because some one is making them and after to help them deal with it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Abortions shouldn't be illegal for anyone. I respect religious views on this topic, but because some people believe one way doesn't mean everyone else has to live by their beliefs. I was 17 when i got pregnant and had my little girl, if i had been forced to get an abortion, it would have killed me, A teenagers should have a choice, since that choice will effect HER the rest of her life, she will have to live with that choice, let her choose!!! JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Not at all. I'd even venture to say that a pregnant 13 yr old would have more of a case for an abortion than a 33 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2010