• In the Spotlight:

Sync-ed up cycles

Do you have another female friend/family member who you seem to sync up cycles with? Its so weird,my period will be all off kilter,and then I'll hang with my cousin and my period will come on the same day as hers! i guess theres some science behind this. Women who are still in their breeding years will give off pheremones that make their cycles sync up for competition for men and making babies! I guess some animal instincts still remain in us!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was just wondering about this. I have had two different doctors tell me they suspected I might have premature ovarian failure (early menopause); My period has always been very irregular and almost non-existent (I went 10 years once with no periods). My 13 yo started having cycles in the last year, and now I am also having them when she does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My boss at work, it never fails, we are always a week apart.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It doesn't really do it anymore, but when I lived at home w/my mom, both of ours adjusted themselves by a few days ans we synced up. I really felt sorry for our husbands!
    Also, when I lived in an apartment w/my best friend/sister for a year, after the first month, ours synced up too.
    It does seem weird that if you spend any real amount of time w/another female your cycles do that.
    When I was in the color guard (the people who twirl the flags w/the marching band) all 10-12 of us synced up to the same week. Looking back, I don't really wonder why during about a week out of every month no one wanted to be around the color guard. We could be a little mean!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010