Toyota Bashers, will you dump your Government Motors car?

GM Recalls 1.5 Million Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard
Posted by Suzanne Murray on June 8, 2010 at 1:53 PM Comments (1)| Likes (2) .General Motors is recalling 1.5 million trucks and SUVs worldwide because of a problem with a faulty windshield wiper fluid system that may lead to fires. So far, there have been five fires reported, but no crashes or injuries.

GM says it will disable the heated water system module and pay car owners and leasers $100.

The GM vehicles that have been recalled:

•2006-2009 model year Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS, and Hummer H2
•2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS
•2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT
•2007-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe
•2007-2009 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL
•2007-2009 Saturn Outlook
•2009 Chevrolet Traverse

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, I wonder how much this will end up costing the tax payers. It's a good thing they paid off all of their loans. Ooops, I guess I spoke too soon.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i hate toyotas just because they don't look cool and cost an arm and a leg for repairs because they are foreign. i'm an american who loves american cars because they are well made and repairs are much cheaper. my best friend has a ford explorer still going strong after 300,000 miles. i have a chevy cobalt that i've had for 3 years that is going strong after almost 200,000 miles. i've never needed repairs, it's never broken down or left me stranded, all it's needed it oil changes and brake jobs that i do myself. if you love toyotas then good for you but for those of us who like american cars, i personally love the muscle cars and hope to own one(chevy camaro or ford mustang), you're not gonna convert us cause ALL car companies have problems with some vehicles....usually it's Dodge with the most problems
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I love my Toyota, my old one went on forever and was very inexpensive to repair. It's hardly a foreign car, they are made in the US and every shop has access to parts. My Toyota was over 10 years old and I never had to touch the motor or tranny. The most expensive fix cost $125.

My GM car was junk. Everything on it broke, every knob, handle, lock, etc. The tranny went out when it was only 5 years old, and again 5 years later. I was constantly replacing parts. I spent thousands on it.

My new Toyota has been a joy. I would never buy a GM car again.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I drive a ford. I have had it for 6 years and I have run the crap out of that truck. It has 135000 miles on it and I haven't taken the best care of it. I change the oil every 10000 miles and get new brakes when needed. There have been no tune ups or anything of that sort. It still runs well. As of right now I am a ford girl, and I probably always will be.
    Anonymous

• I've always driven GM and nothing else, and now I work for GM. Every manufacturer is required to release recalls at least monthly. This is nothing new. Each time a recall is released, there are at least 1 million vehicles included. The sheer quantity of the recalls reflects how many people BOUGHT those vehicles, so that has to say something. I fully stand behind GM and their brands.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• The Lucerne handles like a DREAM!

I'LL STICK WITH MY NISSAN AND MY MITZUBISHI,,,,NOT FOR ANY OTHER REASON OTHER THEN THEY RUN GREAT AND THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN ME ANY TROUBLES...ALTHOUGH MY SISTER HAS A NEWER GALANT AND IT HAS GIVEN HER SOME CRAP...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have a pontiac that we bought before the fed bought out gm. freaking catalytic (sp?) converter went at 40,000 miles. On the highway. In the dead of night. While I was alone.

In that moment, I realized I watch too much law and order.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• LOL, Lovin!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Don't drive either. I drive a Ford.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I was not aware of a car company called Govt motors. Now if we are talking about General Motors....yea I will stick with my 2010 Chevy Equinox. I support American brands. Plus I have family member that works for GM-he is an engineer.

I guess OP missed the recall on Toyota about gas pedal sticking. Btw anytime you Mass produce something there is bound to be problems down the road.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010