Hard to watch her grow.....

I have been putting off enrolling my lil girl in pre-k. I am finally sucking it up and starting the process.

How do I prepare my self for her moving on with the next faze of her life?? How can i prepare her?

Its so exciting but so sad for me.

TulsaMommy

Asked by TulsaMommy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's almost impossible to prepare yourself. But, just know that it won't be near as bad as you think right now. We put Kiwi in preschool right after her 3rd birthday. It was hard and I had to fight the urge to hide out and peek through the door all day. She cried when we dropped her off, but that's normal for kids who have never been to anything like that before. When we picked her up, the teacher said she'd stopped crying after about 2 or 3 minutes or so, then was a ray of sunshine all day.
    Ki is starting Kindergarten in August, and it terrifies me. There were only 3-5 year olds at the preschool, there will be 5-11 year olds at the "real" school.
    Just don't let her see you cry, it'll make her upset. I managed to hold my tears until I was in the car after dropping her off the first day of preschool, then I cried more than she did!
    It'll work out alright. Just have fun w/it. She'll always be your baby. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think Pre-school is the best thing you could do. It is giving her the skills she will need and an extra year for you to get used to the idea of leaving her. My daughter is 4 and has been in school from 2 1/2 and starts PR K next week (its just the summer camp) so she is excited and knows that this will be her last year before she goes to the BIG school. The good thing about this school is that it is right across from the Elementary school and the kids take trips when they are in PR K and visit and get used to seeing the school so it isn't a huge shock when its time to go.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i'm in the same boat as you! my son will be three this summer and i enrolled him in prek this April (i'm an obsessive planner lol).

it is so amazing to remember him as a little baby who could do nothing to a beautiful toddler who knows things and can speak and do many things.

for me Pre=K is a relief. It puts him in a social fun situation which i know he'll love. and plus it makes me feel better about going to work every day instead of being at home!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2010