Trying to conceive..

So I had AF may 25th. 9-12 days after that I had a lot of EW discharge. Today when I checked my cervix position it was SHOW but no EW. Could this mean I am pregnant or just ovulating later than I thought? I know they say cervical changes are not really a good indicator but I expected it to go back to being long/hard..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you had children before?

If you have then you MAY be pregnant. The cervix does move high up during pregnancy but there is no definate "when" because in some women it happens right away and other women it doesn't happen until close to 12 weeks.

It also tends to feel softer on the outside but be firm underneath.

If you've have children before the os tends to feel slightly open. It may feel more like a slit or a fish's mouth then a round closed dot. Feeling open on the outside doesn't mean that there is inner dilation.

BUT just incase I would definately BD.

IF you're not pregnant this month get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. It will teach you to chart BBT as well if you are not already so then you will be able to confirm ovulation with your temps. There will be no more guessing.
    Anonymous

• Were you temping as well? Did it show a defined thermal shift? If so, you may just be starting your period. I often get a SHOW cervix complete with EWCM the day/night before I get my period. I do know that when you get pregnant the cervix moves up higher and becomes softer, but it also turns toward your back.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• OP here...Yes my temp was highest when I had the EW and we've had unprotected sex every night for the last two weeks. DH hasn't been complaining about that. I usually have a 30-34 day cycle so my period isn't due for a while still but my cervix is still SHOW and also pointed toward my back..it's much higher than it has been before. Guess I'll just wait and see until I can take the hpt. Thanks for the help. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• Your temperature won't rise until after you ovulate. Once your temperature has been high for 3 consecutive morning then you are no longer fertile.

Anonymous