OMG MY DOG ATE A BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is my baby and i love her to death.... I have been dealing with her haveing seizures now and been trying to get them under control... Well needless to say she wasn't to groggy or sleep to eat the bunny... I was screaming at her and tring to get her to drop it and chasing her and he swollowed 3/4 of it without chewing... SHE IS A JACK RUSSELL... lol oh that was soo nasty.. mind you I am 8 months pregnant! I had to call vet because I was scared it would cause a blockage and I had to give her peroxide so she would puke it up that was also gross.. lmao... I am so sore and can't hardly move from all of this and she is to! (she is 9yrs old) not really a question but more of a " I can't believe I just seen that" lol :)

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 11:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pets

• btw I still can't find the head of the bunny, she didn't puke it up and I don't see it laying anywhere .... eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 11:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• lol im sorry u had to go through that i hope she is okay. When my dog was a puppy my sister decided to have her bunny and my puppy play together, how harmless is that right? well my pup killed my sisters bunny. I havent looked at my dog the same way since lol.
    myfamrocks

Answer by myfamrocks at 11:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Eew, I'm sorry you had to do all that, but dogs will be dogs. She was probably so happy with herself for finally catching the poor thing, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• LOL...i remember this one time i had a cat and we lived in a wooded area...my cat caught a rabbit and started eating at it on the front steps of the house, i looked at the rabbit and it was in the middle of eating grass when my cat must of attacked it.

i know...your story is more gross but still...haha
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• ummm, that's what dogs do! How do you think they found food way back in the day before they were domesticated??

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I know what you mean. My cat is forever eating some kind of wild life and/or bringing it in the house! Yesturday, it was a chipmunk! She put it next to the refridgerator...guess she's trying to help us out with food,LOL. I about had a heart attack though.The other morning, I was sitting out on my back deck drinking some coffee when I heard "crunch, crunch" and I looked up to see her sitting there eating SOMETHING.She pulled her head back and meat stretched all out, I just about puked. I'm pregnant too..so that doesnt help matter,lol. One day I gave her catnip..she went nuts! My dh said, "great Kim..now she's gonna come back with 2 racoons strapped to her back" LMBO!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• So? It's natural instinct. I wish I could let my dog loose to take care of the rabbit eating my garden.
    Anonymous

• ew. I'd be shocked if I saw that too. I have wild bunnys in my yard but my dog is a chihuahua and I think she knows she is no match against a speeding bunny and she ignores them - my problem is my cats, they find the nests and a couple years in a row I found dead baby bunnies all over the yard, luckily my kids were still just babies and never noticed the dead baby bunnies.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2010