Would it be too weird ( 3rd childs name)

I am pregnant with my 3rd child - trying to think of a name...... My other kids names start with the letter C and are similar ( sound similar) ..... would it be weird or sound like the 3rd baby was being "left out" if their name was something completely different and didnt start with a C and wasnt as "common" as the older two.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 2 "C" name kids too and the names we have picked for our 3rd doesn't start with a C. I think if you had 4 or 5 "C" names then threw in another letter it would be weird but not just 2.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Don't not doesn't*** LOL
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well, I wasn't trying to give all of mine the same, but two are J's, and one is a G, I just picked names that I liked for them. I don't think G feels left out, in fact, I think he may feel special!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• In my head I think that it sounds better when all your kids names start with the same letter or they all start with different ones. Not like have 3 kids with C and 1 with A.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well two of my kids names end with a t--Grant, Berott. My other childs name is Sierra totally different. The thing is us as adults seem to notice that. As kids I don't think they do I am not sure though ask a kid who has a totally different name.
    Oh yeah my family has all traditional names.. William, Joel, Kevin, Scott, Frank, Mark, Colleen, Deborah, then the crazy one me Megan. So yeah I never noticed that every one of my sibs had names that were traditional and then the odd one me. Oh well.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nope, not at all.
    We did the same thing....named our first two children with the first name beginning with the letter S, but not on purpose, they just happened to be names that we agreed upon.
    Consciously, we did not want to do that with our 3rd child, but thought it would be cute to match the first letter of it's first name with either his or mine. So we chose Joshua for a boy (DH's name is James) and Katherine for a girl (my name is Karla). We had a little girl. :) About 7 years ago we adopted a 1 y/o cat from the animal shelter and his name was already Jason, so we kept it.
    So we have 2 S names, 2 K names, and 2 J names! LOL

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with changing the dynamics. You will hear comments from some people asking if you are going to continue the "tradition" but you can just laugh it off.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010