For people who don't like surprises

Can you tell me why? I like surprises. To me they're fun, unexpected little somethings so I'd like to understand why some people don't like them. =)

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't like not knowing what's going on or what's happening. When someone tells me there is a surprise, it bugs the hell out of me.
    My husband jokes that I may have control issues. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't like surprises because I know I never have the expected reaction. I don't get all jumpy and smiley or scream or anything. I think I'm underenthusiastic and I know those in charge of the surprise will be let down, so I prefer to just skip the surprise element all together.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I love surprises and hate when people spoil them. I call them "ruiners." Lame-os. Lol.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• In my case, just about every surprise I've ever gotten in my life has been something bad. I have gotten some good ones, finding out I was pregnant with my children have been the two best. But mostly, I get bad news as a "surprise" so I don't look forward to anything out of the ordinary anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I PLAN for surprises such as traffic problems, flat tires on a trip or a fire in the kitchen. The other kind of surprises like help when I don't ask for it or invited out to a free dinner are great.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I'm like anon. My surprises have been bad or disappointing. I'd rather be in control of what goes on. This is why I buy my own gifts for x-mas and birthdays and like gift cards. I don't like pretending to like something if I get something bad,and I have alot in the past,don't get me started!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010