Weight issues

http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/104138/plus_size_model_crystal_renn

This article says the model is a size 10..is that what size a plus size model should be?

This kinda surprised me. I do think their has to be a middle and a normal model is probably a size 2. I thought a plus size model would be a 16 to 18 or something not a size 10. Just kinda surprised by that..any thoughts?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you a plus size to me is surely more than a ten!

Answer by older at 11:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Whatever sells in the magazines. Who really cares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Plus size starts at 16, I thought. Maybe since the "normal" models are really 2-4 and most women aren't, they went with that theory and took a smaller woman for plus size models too. Kinda stupid, I think.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• well, i can just barley squeeze into a size 9, and i consider myself overweight. not plus size, but i need to loose 10-15 pounds. i dont think that they should be sending the message in the media that you need to be a size 2, because that is way too small and doesnt even look good ... however, im not for promoting being overweight or saying thats its okay, because its not. the truth is that if your a size 16, you are unhealthy, run the risk of getting diabetes, bad cholosterol, heart disease, probably have issues with walking and things, and your not very attractive. i think there is much more of a problem with obesity then there is problems like anorexia.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• It depends on body type too. A woman like a model is near 6 ft tall so a size 10 would be a normal size for her,not a 2. The women I've seen that fit a 2 are just over 5 ft tall. At my skinniest,I was a 9 and weighed 120 lbs and I'm 5'2. This looked totally right for my frame.
    Anonymous