Why do people give me crap at baby showers?

I know, I know. Be thankful that people buy me anything.......but I get a lot of stuff that's just......junk! I understand when it comes from childless women, they may not know better. But other mothers should know good stuff from bad! Has anyone else ever recieved junk at a shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I got a couple pairs of clothes, a picture frame and a book. YaY!!!! That is all I got.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• What are you considering crap and junk?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have no idea. I got an off-brand baby shampoo that refused to rinse out. It caked up in her hair and was disgusting. Obviously whoever bought it for me had never tried it. I hope. I made a list of good stuff/bad crap in a group I'm in - and you can go and vent about the crap you got if you want. It was fun and I enjoyed bashing products. I know it's against the rules to put it here, but it's "The New Mom's Guide to the Best Baby Products".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• No I used everything I got and even if I had a few of the same outfits I used them all...most friends go and return about half the stuff for the cash ...which is stupid and greedy ...I also cant stand when people get registered ....thats so greedy also !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have and i have just returned it to the store. I would just do that.
    Anonymous

• Maybe because this is all they can afford!!! are you being a bit bratty??

Answer by older at 11:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't say I got crap but I thought it was wierd that all but 2 guests had had children before and still got me onesies for my son who was born in the middle of winter. My mom and sister thought everyone else was taking care of the blankets so they got non-clothes related, needed items. But everyone else gave onesies and not even one receiving blanket, no sleepers, nothing like that. So after that we got to go shopping for all that stuff. I was grateful for what we got but clothes-wise, I was really surprised that women who had babies could totally overlook something so obvious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• No I can honestly say I have never received junk. Did you sign up at a baby registry (and let them know) so they would know what you wanted?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I can't say that I received junk, but I did receive bottles by a few people even though everyone knew I was going to breastfeed. I don't think it was intentional, they probably just weren't thinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2010

• no i got very nice gifts
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2010