Moms who keep babies on a strict schedule and feed at the same time EVERYDAY...

Do you wake your baby up in the morning if he or she is still sleeping and its time to feed? Or do you let them sleep till they wake up? I want to start a schedule but not sure if waking the baby up at 630 am is the right thing to do. But there are things i have to go and get done..

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 12:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Actually, I BF the first month. Then spent the next month figuring out his schedule. Watching for how much he took at a time, how long between bottles... The next month I perfected it and he was on a schedule that he determined. I did not feed at a certain time, I fed every 4 hours because that's how often he ate. I didn't wake him after he was 3 months. He slept all night, I waited for him to wake. Then he got a bottle. And 4 hours later, got another.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I did keep a strict schedule but never woke them up to fit it, sleeping is just as nutritious as eating. You work the schedule around the baby not the other way around.

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I also want to add. If we had to go somewhere, I woke him up, fed him and got him ready to go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• All 4 of mine were on a schedule, and I woke them during the day if they weren't awake within 1/2 hour of when they were "supposed" to eat but in the mornings I would just feed them when they woke (I enjoyed the extra sleep!) and then work to get them back on schedule at least by midday.

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010