Are you bad about returning library books on time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm awful... back in high school I used to work at the library so I always took my fines off if I didn't get books back in time. I think that made me lazy because I always seem to have late fines now! It also doesn't help that our library checks out different kinds of books for different lengths of time... non-fiction is one week, fiction is three weeks, new fiction is two weeks... makes it hard to keep track of what is due when unless I want to log on and check my account all the time!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yes! We moved in w/my MIL two years ago, and put a lot of our stuff in a storage unit. It wasn't until a couple months later that we realized we forgot to take the books back to the library and that they were in the bookshelf in the back of the unit, which was full from front to back, floor to ceiling.
    When we moved in February and found them, we took them back, but still owe the late fees. Over $100 worth.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yes.... I still have my pregnancy books and my son is a year old.... I keep forgetting about them lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nope! I keep all the check-out receipts and I mark them after I've returned the books. I usually end up turning in the whole batch at once though anyway.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• No but this is the second time the library has lost a book I turned in and now have to pay for it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I used to be. Now we get a receipt that lists the books and I hang it next to my calander and circle the date due. This way I can check then all off and make sure they all go back. And if I can't make it back I go online to renew them. I don't know if any of you have a library that started this but ours links your card to your social security number and reports fines on your credit report.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yes! Fortunately our local library now has an online checkout so you can extend your borrowing time before I have to get them back!

Answer by missanc at 1:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nope! I normally give them to my husband to drop them off on his way to work. My library has a book return outside. I also circle the date on the calendar as well.
    Wistful

Answer by Wistful at 1:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• YES! in fact we stopped using the library to check books out when I was slapped with a 180 fine for having 5 books 2 weeks over due!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Nope. I'm very good about turning my books in on time. Particularly the high demand books that have a long wait list.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010