How Life May Have Reached Earth...What do you think of this possibility?

A Moment of Science: How Life May Have Reached Earth...
Exogenesis
indianapublicmedia.org

You probably remember where you were when you heard the space shuttle Columbia had broken up on reentry in February of 2003. Catherine Conley does. She's an astrobiologist with NASA's Ames Research Center, and had an experiment onboard Columbia that fateful day....

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/exogenesis/

What do you think of this possibility?

I think it's way more probable than some invisible man in the sky saying "Poof" and everything just appearing...and doing it all in 6 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find it fascinating, opening up science to a whole new slew of possibilities. Earth is not an old planet compared to some parts of the universe, so it's a possibility life had more time to develop on another planet first.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• But how would life have begin wherever it did then? I understand the appeal of this theory but it just pushes the origin of life question somewhere else.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 1:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I agree with you. I think this is an ongoing thing. Perhaps "new"species found are actually new to the Earth.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• they are even saying how "the red rain" could be from a meteor and it is said to have dna like substance and cells. It easily could be a new plant or algae type but still...its something to think about
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have been watching the new alien show on Discovery, I can't recall the exact name. But one of the episodes was of course about aliens and the bible. Much of what they discussed had been on similar shows. It all boiled down to the theory that Jesus was an "alien". He repeatedly said he is of another realm. Their point was who is to say angels and Jesus or even other Gods of other societies aren't from another "world" brought here to better man kind. As anng.atlanta said, it is fascinating and opens up possibilites. But as psugal says if ju8st pushes it to where did the origin of life begin. I believe Jesus was the son of God and came here to save man. We raise our children in the church, however my husband and I are fascinated with other possibilites. And the sad part is, we really won't know until we are passed away (hopefully lol) what the "truth" is about all these unanswered questions.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2010