Do your pets get along?

I once had two dogs that weren't brothers by birth but the older one was about a year old when I adopted the younger one as a puppy and so they grew up together. They had some vicious fights but overall were very close; when my younger one got sick and had to be put down his brother became depressed and eventually got sick and had to be put down as well. I have two cats who are brothers and they usually can't stand each other but occasionally I'll catch them both curled up on the end of the bed. My ferret and dog are close, they always play together and my dog will often sit oustide my ferret's cage and whine until I let him out to play. I was just curious as to the relationships between other families pets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Pets

• we had 2 male dogs. one was 9 one was about 2 (at the time we adopted the older one) and the older one was dominant and they just stayed away from each other. our younger dog loves my moms dog, they both have a lot of personality so they are funny together.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Oh boy, I have two male dogs who fight all the time and I have to keep them apart. My yorkie, is 14 years old and the other one a few years younger, the other one is a cockapoo and he is like 10 pounds heavier, he is my daughters dog and she use to bring him home on weekends when she lived out of the house and at the university, they would get along fine, because at the end of the weekend the other one would leave and the yorkie got his house back. When she graduated and came back home with her dog, it was fine for the first few months and then all hell broke loose and the tiny yorkie attacked the other one and the fights were terribly bloody and I was afraid they would end up costing me in vet bills! so I keep them separated, and have been doing so for the last 8 years or so.

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• When my cat Weasley was 3,we got him a playmate cat,Dilly. Those boys love each other like long lost brothers! They both try to eat the birds,but you really can't fault them for that!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have 4 dogs, and 2 cats that are all best buddies and sleep together and play together. The dogs like to play with our rabbit too-but the cats usually ignore her (she is HUGE and moody so she does not put up with much playing though). All of our parrots get along and the dogs and cats tend to ignore them unless they are eating good food and the the dogs sit under the stands waiting for food to drop. All in all our zoo all gets along and we have never had a fight yet.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have 2 cats and a dog. All male.

The two cats pretend that they hate eachother - but we always catch them asleep snuggling (like in my profile pic, that was when one was a kitten though.)

And our dog (a large St.Bernard, 11 months old) - couldn't care less about the cats, he has no interest in them, but they steer clear of him anyway.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have two dogs, Boss (2 1/2 yrs) and Poofy (about 6 months). They will play tug-of-war w/the rope and Boss will throw Poofy all over the place(Boss outweighs Poofy by at least 40 lbs). They get along for the most part. I think Boss thinks Poofy is her daughter. Boss had just gone out of heat when we got Poofy so I think she thinks she has a kid now. Kind of cute.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My dogs are both male and they are so in love with each other. They are never more than 5 feet apart. They are not related at all. I have had one since he was 5 weeks old and I got the other when he was 4 years old from a shelter. They bonded instantly and will not sleep separately.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have a male Doberman (4 years old) and a female Beagle/Basset mix (6 years old) I got them both as puppies. They're inseparable... the Doberman is especially attached to the other.

I'm getting another dog next summer but it will have to be female, the Doberman can be aggressive with other male dogs and I don't want to have to deal with that!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 9:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We have a 4yr old female Sheltie (spayed @ 6mos), a 2yr old male Sheltie (neutered @ 8mos), and a 4 month old female Belgian Malinois (will most likely be spayed at 1.5 - 2yrs as to allow her to fully mature since she is a large breed) and they all get along fine. We've had each of them since they were 7-8wks old.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• We have a six yr old spaniel/terrier and two other things thrown in, who is 6, a chocolate lab that is 6 months and a liver dal who is 2 months. My older dog plays well with the lab and the puppy, but she lets them know when she has had enough. The dal so wants to play with the lab, but he is just too little right now. The cat gets along with the dal and spaniel, but not so much with the lab... hoping that comes in time.
    Anonymous