If your 21/2 year old DD was afraid of groups of kids.......

would you continue to push her to go to the playground, or hold off for a while and play at home?

Ems629

Asked by Ems629 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hold off,she's still a baby and theres still time for socializing.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My 2-1/2 year old son doesn't like people walking by him and runs to me, If he's about to go up a slide and another kid comes running up to take his / her turn,. he runs to me - I am pushing him to go up and take his turn - when he runs to me I take him by the hand and bring him back to the slide and tell him to take his turn -.. period. he's very shy and passive and we are working on it that way -
    Anonymous

• my 3 yr old is. if we go to the park we try to go at a time when there are usually fewer kids, it doesnt intimidate her as much, and she doesnt get scared when another kid aproaches her.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2010