If your DH is a step dad, do you get him a fathers day gift?

I just got married & i have an 8 year old child. Should i get my new hubby a fathers day gift, maybe a card? Do you get your DH a gift if he is a step dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. I think it's very important. My daughter was 5 when I married my husband, and we always do something for him on Father's Day. I wanted him to know how much I appreciated his help in parenting my child; he really stepped up to the plate and took on the Father role from day one. My daughter tested him, and he stood firm and bonded with her. He is very important in her life. My ex disappeared when she was 2 1/2, so my husband is the only Daddy she remembers.

Even if your child is not ready to acknowledge your husband, you should ackowledge how much you appreciate his help with the important task of raising your child.
    Anonymous

• yes, he is equally a father figure to that child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Yes - I got a gift for my husband even before we had our bio child together. He's a much better dad to my kids than their bio father.

Answer by missanc at 1:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My SO and I aren't married but he's been a great daddy to my girls in the year we've been together, more so than their actual father, so I do plan to buy him a gift and get him something special from both me and my girls.
    Anonymous

• Yep I sure do and always have I appreciate his help parenting all year.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 2:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I've been married to my husband for 6 months and he is step-father to my 14 year old daughter. He's great with her and a wonderful father figure. I've ordered (through shutterfly) one of those photo mugs with a picture of the 2 of them acting silly when we were at Disneyland a couple of month ago. She thought it was a great gift and she will give him that and a card for father's day. We'll take him out to breakfast at his favorite place too.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I have a "step" father, and have always gotten him a gift for father's day. :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Well I am a step mom and my kids and hubby have always gotten me a mothers day card...It really does make someone feel good, and he still is a dad...regardless of Biology...Let him know you appreciate him taking on the roll and loving your kids and you for who you guys are! :)

ThreeFates511

Answer by ThreeFates511 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010