stuff on babys scalp

yellowish stuff on her scalp what is this? should i be concerned? she goes to the doctor the 18th do i need to bring her in before that?

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• relax, it is probably just cradle cap... lots of babies get it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I agree sounds liek cradle cap, I used a Nature's way (I think) product for my son, that stuff can get thick on their scalp, this product worked really good, I got it in the baby section at walmart.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Agreed, Cradle cap, I just used baby oil on a cotton ball, and one of those ilttle baby combs.
    Worked like a charm.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• when you put the shampoo on use a toothbrush and gently brush it over the cradle cap.. works well after a week it was gone. dont press hard though.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other ladies here, sounds just like cradle cap! Perfectly normal in a little one. For my kids I made sure I wet their scalp really well, used plenty of koala pals and rubbed it in gently. I washed the rest of the baby and played and then rinsed off the shampoo. Leaving it on softens the cradle cap. You can use a plastic fine tooth comb to comb off the cradle cap - gently!! You may need to give their hair a quick wash again and its done. Do this gently when you bathe the baby and it will go away no problem.
    I know with my kids I never noticed it until one day there it was - like it appeared from nowhere overnight!!
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 5:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• you can also put baby lotion or oil on the baby's scalp for 30 minutes or so before the bath, then while you're shampooing scrub gently with the baby brush or soft toothbrush. It's no big deal, just unsightly.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2010