Do you or your significant other drink alcohol in front of your kids?

I'm not talking about getting shitfaced with them right there, I'm talking about having a drink or two in the evening while the kids are awake? If you do, how old are they?
My husband and I do on occasion, and Kiwi's five. But we have a rule, where if one of us is drinking anything alcoholic, the other won't so there will be one totally sober parent in case something happens.
Kiwi knows they are adult drinks and not to touch them (not that she could, we keep the cup on top of the entertainment center towards the back).

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think that is a good idea that u do and i do it some times and mine r 5 and 4 but i think it is a problem when it getts out of hand and there is no one there for the kids
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think that is fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• A beer or two only. My kids are 5 and 4. We don't drink any hard liqour in front of them. I also won't let anyone who is drunk be around them - even if that person is a friend/relative, my boyfriend or even my parents or one of my siblings. My boyfriend knows me well enough now to not be in any way drunk in front of my kids. Sometimes one of my brothers will come by my house and if I think they're drunk I'll tell them to leave or stay outside until the kids are in bed.
    Anonymous

• Sure. A glass of wine isn't something to hide.
    Anonymous

• My son is 2, and my daughter is 3 months. I never drink, I can't... but my DH has a beer a night and that's really what he really drinks. He drank to his heart's content when he was a single bachelor in the Army - I think he's over the phase of drinking anything past beer. He does ocasionally do whiskey and cokes with his dad, but that's very rare. Like... 2-3 times a year, and just a glass of it.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• We don't drink. I don't know why.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 2:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't drink usually especially right now, but my husband will have a beer once in a while but nothing major. We have the same rule though that if one of us drinks the other one doesn't.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't drink. My SO drinks occasionally but the kids are in bed and he doesn't get shitfaced but he does get drunk. I don't think it's a problem or anyone else's business to judge either.
    Anonymous

• Yes we do and have and our children and now 18 and 14
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• yes, i'll have a glass or two of wine some evenings and usually i'll wait till sozer is in bed, but not always. if we go out to eat as a family i almost always get an adult beverage. even if i was drinking water, she knows that she has her drink and she can't have momma's. the only thing we hide in our house is my husband's ice cream habit!
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2010