Where did the water come from?

In MANY creation stories water exist BEFORE the existance of humans, and even other God/desses. In science, it exist before any form of physical "life". And of course we all know that there is nothing on this planet that can sustain life w/o it.

So in your faith/religion/belief or non, how do you think water was formed on a planet w/possibly no air/atmosphere?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 2:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No really I don't think I am. "The earth was formless and empty" so it was what? if it was formless we could not say it was a dot or a globe or a flat surface yet it talks about darkness was over the surface of the deep so what does that mean? Is that considered space? How was he hovering over the waters if there was nothing there? Again..that could also say that the water was already on the earth!!!!
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• God created water, sun, land, grass, animals , humans infact the entire galaxy.in my opinion science is not always correct. who studies science ?? humans right ? who came up with scientific answers ? that would be humans again. and are HUMANS ALWAYS RIGHT ? i dont think so. alot of scientific explainations do make legit sense , but still there are alot of unexplainable things who's answer only God knows
    i hope that answers your question
    Anonymous

• Who wrote the bible? Humans. Who translated the bible? Humans. Who interprets the bible? Humans.
    Are humans always right? Nope. Do humans always do things with the purest intentions? Nope.

Anonymous

• Actually I think the majority of Creation Stories start with Darkness... And through the magic of creation the elements are created - followed by life. So Earth, Air, Fire & Water would all come in to play before life of any kind. In the case of Myths where even the Gods weren't created until after there is generally one or more "Greater" Gods who start the process... This is how my beliefs go. I believe there is a Greater God & Goddess which rule over all the Gods & Goddesses, which then rule over our system of life. So they would have started the process and created the elements and the Gods & Goddesses who then guided creation through evolution - which continues to create new life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• If you are referring to the God in the bible, I dont remember it saying he created water.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• too bad u dont remembering reading about God creating water in bible. bible has been changed from front to back by humans. so how can u sure the real parts have been replaced by whatever human choose to believe ??
    i wish u could read any other holy book which has NOT been changed. not asking u to change your religion. just read it for the sake of information. maybe u might find your answers there .... what do u have to loose ?
    Anonymous

• Actually; It is all water. Genesis 1:6 Hope this helps. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I asked my 13 year old and this is what he said.  When the earth was forming it was magma which makes volcanoes.  The magma let off gasses that rose up It formed an created a dense atmosphere.  Water is hydrogen and oxygen which formed from the atmosphere.  And when the magma was cooling there was more then likely clouds that formed from H2o.  Then rained down. all before life.  His theory.  Sounds good to me.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• momom...I agree
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• When God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was formless and void and darkness. The earth was a mass of water.Genesis 1:1-2
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 4:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2010