Where is the respect for our Military members?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband of 11 years made the ultimate sacrifice, leaving me with 2 small children and a lifetime without him in it. My maternal grandfather did the same. Is a little extra respect too much to ask for? If so, just let me know and the next time I lay a wreath on my beloveds grave I will tell him it is from you, the one that doesn't really give a crap, but he died for anyway. ok.
    Anonymous

• Would you care to elaborate on that a bit? Lots of people have a deep respect for those who are willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of our well-being as a nation.
    Anonymous

• can you be more specific?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i take it u are an army wife and want every civilian to kiss your feet where ever u go ? i think military gets enough respect. y not save some for the jobless, homeless and the orphans ?
    Anonymous

• Its sad what they have to go through just to keep us free, and I'm not just talking about on foreign soil. They don't get near the respect they deserve.

Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• i lost it when i moved to a city filled with bases. they think they are high and mighty out here, and look down on others.
    Anonymous

• I think you are generalizing that they feel they are high and mighty and look down on others. My husband is in the military and we don't act that way. Anyone can act that way, no matter what their profession is. How about you live without your husband. See how your children don't know them after they've been away for a lengthly period of time. Be both the mom and dad. Yes, we chose this life, but that doesn't mean people should say they don't deserve respect.
    Anonymous

• lol
    Anonymous

• HUH? What are you referring to?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't respect or disrespect military members any more than I do anyone else with a job. And I'm a Navy wife! I don't think DH or I deserve more or less respect just cause he wears a uniform. We want people to like or dislike us based on who we are. There are lots of different military jobs. Someone could just be a cook. Or s/he could be involved in more violent work that I don't approve of. Point is, I don't know these people. So I treat them like every other stranger. I live in a city full of military. I don't have the desire or time to go around learning about them as individuals. They're just neighbors or the guy behind me at wal mart.
    Anonymous