Please let me know what you think about the president's statement on national TV about kicking a_ _ in regard to the oil spill. Was it appropriate; presidential?

sandif

Asked by sandif at 3:30 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he is very close to losing ALL credibility. It is so very obvious that his lack of experience and arrogance have placed our beloved country in peril, which puts all of us in the same sinking ship. The President of our country was once respected and had integrity, can't say that's true any more. The bowing to foreign kings but not bowing to the Queen, should clearly indicate where his loyalty lies...lies, hmmm, actions do speak louder than words...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I think it was an honest response
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't have a feeling on it one way or another. Actions speak louder than words.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I like what Quinn said for sure! But I think that all people are well people and we all sometimes talk before we think so maybe he had a SMALL slip-up because well maybe he's mad at this. That's all.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• 20 years ago I would have said it wasn't a very presidential way to say that - but it's a sign of the times. (And trust me, I'm NOT an Obama supporter). His words reflect the casualness of the way we talk. Americans are so desensitized, I'd guess that he used that phrase to get people riled up and to pay attention.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:47 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• His words reflect the casualness of the way we talk. Americans are so desensitized, I'd guess that he used that phrase to get people riled up and to pay attention.

***
    I understand what you're saying, and I too are by NO MEANS an Obama supporter! LOL!!! HOWEVER, I still feel as though someone as EDUCATED as he, and in holding the position of President of the United States of America, should be held to a HIGHER STANDARD than the "average person!" I feel it is his job to set the bar, and be a positive role model--ESPECIALLY given the fact that he's "the first black president!" He should be "above it all" in decorum, class, tact, etc. But instead, in my opinion, he just acted "stupidly!"

Besides, he's only "fired up" because his handlers TOLD him to be! He's no more fired up than he was the day this disaster happened. It's just more of "give the people what they want to hear."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:55 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I don't believe that. I think the President really does want this situation fixed.
    At the grocery store today I saw a man walking around with a t-shirt that had a picture of Obama with "Public Enemy number 1" written on it. This guy was your "average person" and what a great role model for our kids is that?!!!. How high does he hold the office of the President?
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 4:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• HOWEVER, I still feel as though someone as EDUCATED as he, and in holding the position of President of the United States of America, should be held to a HIGHER STANDARD than the "average person!" I feel it is his job to set the bar, and be a positive role model--ESPECIALLY given the fact that he's "the first black president!" He should be "above it all" in decorum, class, tact, etc. But instead, in my opinion, he just acted "stupidly!"

I totally agree with this.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I couldn't care less what he says. What he does is more important.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• I saw a man walking around with a t-shirt that had a picture of Obama with "Public Enemy number 1" written on it. This guy was your "average person" and what a great role model for our kids is that?!!!.

***
    Being that that person was not in a position of POWER, it doesn't matter how he dresses or acts....he's not my responsibility! While I would have secretly "high fived" the guy in my head, I would think less of him if he were an otherwise upstanding member of the community--like a Police Officer, Firefighter, Doctor, Lawyer, Business owner, etc.

And I specifically said that the PRESIDENT of the United States SHOULD be setting the example by which EVERYONE should WANT to achieve. I could care less about what "Joe Blow" wears! Some people just can't be helped, and have no aspirations to raise their station in life. Those who do, should be able to look at the leaders of our country and say..."I want to be like him/her!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2010