Chores....

My daughter is 4 and I think big enough to start helping me around the house. Sometimes she helps with no problems but what can I do to make it a habit we all do each day. And what sort of things can I give her to do that won't end up a bigger mess then when it started. I know cleaning her room is one thing but what else and what fun ways can I do it that make it less like work.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hello,

I asked my son what kind of things he would like to do to help Mom keep the house clean. He didn't really come up with many things so I gave him some ideas and he agreed on them, like cleaning off tables, dusting, vacuuming, and picking up his room. Of course we don't always get these done together but I try to get him to help as much as possible! Good Luck I hope you can find something your child will enjoy to help you with!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 12:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2010

• my 4 year old is in charge of picking up his toys, unloading the silverware and feeding the cats
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• Kiwi puts a clean trash bag in the can when I take the trash out, and puts the can back under the sink in the bottom cabinet.
    She is responsible for feeding the dogs, putting away her own clean clothes (nothing hangs, she just has 2 dressers it all goes in) and keeping the dirty ones picked up.
    I'm not sure about the fun thing. We just told Kiwi that pitching in is part of being a family and she knows that if she wants anything (toy, ect...) she has to work for it because we pay her $4/week.
    Have you asked her what chores she'd like to do? It's what I did w/Ki and how she ended up w/half the ones she has, things I thought she wasn't big enough for but she wanted to try, such as keeping the bathroom clean and vacuuming her carpet (I plug and unplug). Try asking and she'll feel more in control of it and more apart of it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• my 3 yr old likes to pick up dirty clothes. lol and helps put them in the washer (we wash everything cold so colors wont bleed).
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2010

• My 2 yo picks up her toys, helps vacuum, sweep and picks up the dirty clothes and puts them in the basket and then she takes them out of the basket so that I can put them in the washer, and then I drop them on the door of the dryer and she pushes them in. She carries the folded towels for me and puts her jammies away. There are many things that your LO can do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2010